Author Topic: Jewel Crafting Nerf ...to drop or not to drop Tailoring  (Read 2995 times)

Popecadaver

• Peon
    • View Profile
Jewel Crafting Nerf ...to drop or not to drop Tailoring
« on: May 30, 2009, 11:37:03 AM »
Team TT...

As someone who has not changed professions in mnay a year I have a quick question.

I recently leveled my Farm Toon to 450 for Herbalism and Mining, with herbalism going for Pope's alchemy habit.

Now I sit at a crossroad...I am 450 tailoring (w/o any rare level 80 patterns) and pretty much use the profession for creating Mooncloth and the like, plus leg and cloak enchants, I am considering Jewelcrafting for the additional gem placement abilities...but read rather quickly about an upcoming nerf to the profession.

So taking a poll like question...to sow or to cut gems...for high end raid conent

Dr. Pope
"Sorry I did not heal ya, I only take Blue Cross / Blue Shield"

Elluminea

• Certified Forum Whore
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
Re: Jewel Crafting Nerf ...to drop or not to drop Tailoring
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 02:11:46 PM »
The tailoring cloak enchants are pretty amazing for dps, I don't really know their effect on healing though.  I wouldn't switch at this point, jewelcrafting will no longer make it easier to fill gem requirements for sockets or metas, so it's more or less as powerful as the other professions now (give or take a couple of stat points).

Orphien

• Time to admit I have a problem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 12:35:03 AM »
Jewelcrafting will be very average after the nerf.  It will still be overpowered for a little while but in the long run, blacksmithing will likely surpass it. 

Rhedderan

• Grandmaster Forum Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 11:22:31 AM »
that nerf is next patch, which on a blizzard timescale is at least 7 years away